Monday, April 26, 2010

Happy Birthday to my love!

Today is Matt's birthday:)! B/c birthdays are super special in my family, i wanted to try to live up to that for Matt's birthday this year. I wanted Matt to feel special his entire birth-week. If you are unsure about what a birth-week is, check out my birthday post last year.

So every day this past week (last Tues through today), at a random time in the day, i gave matt some sort of birthday gift:) Some days it was a small as his favorite mint, a DIY bathroom re-model book, shoes or his BIG gift- GUITAR HERO!! See, Matt is not a gift person at all, he just never wants anything and is content with whatever he has. This is a great quality in normal circumstances, but makes him very hard to buy for. I always want to give him a gift that he will really love as well as something completely unexpected. Guitar Hero was JUST THAT. He had no clue that I was getting it or even that he really wanted it. But every time we go to Matt's brother's house he always wants to play... and as we are leaving i feel like i am pulling a child out the door with the constant, "one more game....". We celebrated his birthday at my mom's last night so i went ahead gave him his big gift. Needless to say, he loved it.



After a yummy dinner cooked by my mom, present opening and banana pudding for dessert (Matt's fave), we watched to show "Minute to Win it". Has anyone seen that show? We love it!
Here is a wonderful shot of my sister trying to get a cookie from her forehead to her mouth only using her facial muscles... haha!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

so sweet :) terrible picture of me. Thanks sissy

Laura and Andy said...

we love that show too..... happy birthday matt!

Amy- did you get the cookie to your mouth?

Kendra said...

you and your sis were twins in another life. i'm pretty sure of it :)

Unknown said...

Haha no Laura! The cookie was too big for my mouth!