Friday, April 09, 2010

BACK... with a new name and everything:)

LOTS has happened in my life as of late and updating my blog has not been high on the priority list... But i am REALLY going to try to change that and start updating again.... Sorry for my absence, friends!

I posted last about our unbelievable experience at Chicago O'hare airport but never followed up with our trip to the Middle East which is why we were flying through Chicago in the first place... I'll get to those posts soon!

Since our trip, something slightly big happened in mine and Matt's life together... We got married!:) yay!! I am now Angela Elrod Tucker... The whole Angela Tucker thing has been slightly hard to get use too... ok, REALLY hard... I just dont feel like Angela Tucker yet. I haven't got my name legally changed yet so maybe that will help (hopefully will happen next week!). It is just that many people have called me Elrod, the Rod, El, and more, for years now and so i feel like this is quite the identity crisis. Not that i dont like Tucker, in fact, i love the name:) Many people have told me it is a much better name than Elrod (who says that!?!), I just think it is going to take some getting use to.... My new identity has been about he only difficult thing in my new married life though. I thought moving in with Matt was going to be so hard, living with a boy and not living with my mom and sis. It was hard the first night but has been pretty awesome since. Major answer to prayer:) (thanks Kendar)

I don't have wedding pics yet but my bridals portraits have been posted on Cheyenne's blog here. Enjoy those until i get the wedding pics:) I love how the portraits turned out, and besides the fact that is was freezing towards the end (the scarf was not just for style) it was such a good time.

Be back soon!

love,
angela tucker (ouch.)

4 comments:

Kendra said...

So happy for you guys! Wish we could have been there! Steven was just here w. us yesterday and told us all about the wedding - he said every bit of it was so you :) And the name thing - First, I'm glad you kept your maiden name as your middle name (I really regret not doing that...). and it just takes awhile to get used to. I think I'm finally used to the fact that I'm a Thompson and it's only been 6 years :) You'll get used to it w/ time. It took me awhile to get used to calling Hannah by her name when she was born too. It's just new. But you'll be comfortable w/ the new name eventually :) And I'm glad you're okay living w. a man :)

Unknown said...

Yes - the name takes some getting used to but we'll get there. I still look for "Peabody" sometimes to check my name off in class when the attendance sheet goes around :).

Unknown said...

I love the name Tucker, too. Reminds me of the mouse in A Cricket in Times Square. (That's a good thing!)

Anonymous said...

The name fits perfectly sweet friend! I still cannot wait to hear all about your big day! I love you so much@