Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Wedding Recap- The Bachelorette Party!

I have been meaning to write a wedding day recap for some of my closest friends that are overseas. Emails have been promised and not delivered- yet. But instead of writing a blanket email, i thought i would just share a recap on the blog since i know those girls read it. (you know who you are;) And i thought it might be fun for all of you to know just what went on leading to the wedding day and on the day-of, most assuredly the funniest (i know this is not a word), most exciting and most overwhelming day of my life...

The Night Before the Wedding: Bachelorette Party...
i had this dream or idea of having a girls night out almost like you see in the movies. but without the stripper bar and jello shots. really i just wanted to go dancing with my girls. for us to just circle around one another and have a good time! we ended up at a local bar/club downtown but when we got there we noticed that a band was approaching the stage.... and they did not look like they would be singing the Usher/Chris Brown style dance music we were looking for, since they were all dressed in black with spikes coming from... well, places.

Thankfully one of the bouncers noticed that Heather was from Wake Forest and pointed out that it was his hometown. So she went to him with her sweet self and explained our situation as well as our expectations for this cheesy bachelorette party. (yes, we wanted to be "those girls"). So he was nice enough to take us to a club on the next level and got us in for FREE. It's great to know people. Well, we didn't really know him but you know what i mean.

So here we are in a swanky club.. I mean SWANKY. You had to pay $300 just to sit in the nice cushioned area off to the side... We were happy to stay on the dance floor. Even when we weren't dancing. I also think it is important to point out that we were the only ones on the dance floor since it was only about 10:30pm. It's ok, it only added to our "those girls" status. We talked and danced and had a fun... I finally got the courage enough to go and actually request a song. I thought it wouldn't be a problem since we were the only ones dancing anyway. So of course i requested "YEAH" by Usher. This song was the defining pop song of our college years in the mid-2000's and i knew it would get even Sarah and Leah dancing. It did. We had so much fun and just laughed and laughed! From then on, the DJ played song after song that was popular during those years. As Amber pointed out, they were definitely just humoring us until the real clubbers got there. We were officially "those girls" and i loved it.

The guys (Matt and entourage) were just across the way going night-bowling and so we all arrived together and were planning to leave together. Had to have our boys close by! So i guess when they saw we were not in the first place they asked around and found out that the "crazy" bachelorette party was upstairs. Before we knew it, they all showed up on the dance floor! They stay around and danced with us for about 5 or 10 min and it was such a good end to the night! I know you are not suppose to dance with your fiancée the night before the wedding and at your bachelorette party at that, but it was the BEST memory i could have had:)




8 comments:

Heather said...

We were so totally "those girls"! And all the old music! Man, that was a great night! Glad Wake Forest came in handy for us! Good times good times!

Unknown said...

This night was sooo fun!! Gotta love being "those girls" too. I'm also okay with the no pics ;).

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there!

angela said...

me too, britt!

Kendra said...

ditto! (to what B said)

Kelli said...

AWW!! So fun! I'm just proud that I actually know who Usher is!! I know, I'm a complete dork (and even more so since I just used that word...) Can you tell Jason is gone and I'm starving for conversation?

Sarah said...

Oh geez. I only dance for you, Ang. And I don't think I even had anything to drink! It was a fun night. :)

Kendra said...

Everyone looks great! I need your help finding a couple of dresses - wish you were here! You're such a fashion diva! :)