Tuesday, May 25, 2010

forever young... or something like that.

Sometimes i am shocked when i am reminded of my age. someone might ask or a hear another has a birthday coming up and it leads me to think of my age... the shock is not because i think i am old although i did have issues with year 25 (i'm 27 now), but more because when i think of someone in their mid to late twenties, i think.... adult. Really? Adult? Me? i literally still feel like i am in high school and as it turns out i don't think this will change very much. i say this because as i have talked to others, some older than i and some younger, they all say the same thing. they still feel very young. no matter how old they are. the most amazing realization to me right now is the fact that i am old enough to have children. NO, i'm not pregnant! just saying... it is crazy to think that i am not too young for it. in fact, my best friend who is my very same age, and i am talkin' born on the exact same day, has 2 little ones and is quite the super mom. this is all a bit strange to me.

that leads me to the reason for this post. birthday parties. because we are adult and all, we happen to be going to more and more kid's birthday parties. and we are not the ones getting treat bags! :( just recently, matt and i went to Nick's 5 year old birthday party and it was a blast. i was asked to take a few shots to document the party so here are a few for your viewing pleasure.


the police car was fun:) the siren? not so much.



big kids





Happy birthday to one of the cutest 5 year olds i know!

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Great pics Ang! They look amazing - you're getting better and better - keep it up sister! Love the pinata shot :)

Heather said...

Oh, I made it in your post! That made me feel special friend! And, I love your pictures! You really are doing a great job!