Tuesday, May 11, 2010

transition in style

For Matt and I, this past weekend was spent painting... I woke up Saturday morning and immediately put on the paint clothes... we took a brief break for a birthday party (will post that soon) and then it was right back to painting when we got back home. Thanks to my mama for helping out! And so because of the painting and the constant moving of furniture from one place to another, our house constantly feels like a disaster. Every time i mention this to Matt he kindly reminds me that we are in transition and our house won't look like this forever. thankfully. I just keep thinking about all the newlywed stories we have been told about living conditions and working with what you have. I guess it is sorta nice to join the ranks:)

This is one of my favorite examples of working with what you have.
This book shelf was built by my friend Amber's husband the week they got married. It was my favorite piece of "furniture" in their little florida bungalow. They had to eventually retire the piece b/c of it's lack of stability, but it still inspires me to transition in style. Love it:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You will be in transition more often than not, especially if you have lots of kiddos :-) I feel like we're always adjusting around here.