Thursday, May 06, 2010

more music nostalgia

Since i last posted about my South Lebanon nostalgia, i have continued to think about how music brings about feelings in me like no other. Some people are taken back though smell or taste or pictures... music is what gets me.

When I was living in Lebanon, towards the end of my time there matt and i started communicating more regularly. And i felt as if things were starting to become more. I kept getting on to Matt about not sending me any packages (packages are everything when you live overseas) and so he eventually decided to take the hint and send me a little something. The main gift was a burned cd. I was a little nervous when i got the cd b/c i am pretty picky about my music and so and i didn't want to cd to interrupt things between matt and i before they got started. It so didn't, only added to what i knew was stirring:) The cd was wonderful and there was one song on it that i absolutely loved. "When you com back down" by Nickel Creek. And so to this day, that song reminds me of how mine and Matt's relationship began. When i listen to it, it takes me right back to wondering how things would go, the questions and the butterflies....


Anyone else out there like me when it comes to music?? What songs take you back?

2 comments:

Matt said...

I remember picking that one. I knew you would be a fan.

Ashley said...

had fun at dinner!