Tuesday, November 24, 2009

1 cent thanksgiving

i have never been a huge fan of the Thanksgiving holiday. i think mainly b/c there are no presents and i never loved the food like most do. i know i know... i'm just being honest here. But, in my age and wisdom i have come to like this holiday more a more. I am now a big fan of the food and the lack of pressure from having to give presents is kinda nice too. I think my time away has made me really appreciate these special times with family and friends and taking a day just to be thankful.... aww. And I believe this year will be the year that i officially start loving Thanksgiving!

Although Matt's house (my future house) is not nearly made-over the way we would like, we decided to invite both of our families over for Thanksgiving lunch. Everyone is bringing a traditional Thanksgiving dish (green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, banana pudding... etc.) and I am taking the great task on of making the turkey. i am actually pretty excited about it! So this weekend Matt and i headed to Food Lion to get all the ingredients for the dishes we are making. We bought a Turkey and ingredients for 4 different dishes, and only spent $60. I thought that was pretty good. that was until i saw this lady....


even though this shopping trip was not for thanksgiving specifically, i am confident this woman got by with a free or nearly free Thanksgiving. maybe i will be her one day....

Happy Thanksgiving friends! we all have MUCH to be thankful for. Let me know how you are celebrating your Turkey Day:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt's Former house...I liked that :-P

Sammi said...

Hahaha...too funny Lez

Unknown said...

Have fun at the house for Thanksgiving! Sounds like fun :)

Matt said...

I am spending Thanksgiving with my fiance. You