Friday, December 11, 2009

The Middle East in a week!


one WEEK from today Matt and I leave for the Middle East!! We are going so see J&B and some of my closest friends in Lebanon. i am beyond excited! i am not really ready in that i have not packed one bit or even finished my christmas shopping for the trip, but i can't wait to be there. Our first stop will be in Beirut- my former home- oh, to be surrounded the fashion and people. the busy city streets. i might even be excited about the traffic. i get the joy of staying with my oh so hilarious friend & former roommate.... all i really want to do is spend time with these friends that i have missed SO much since i left. and they get the meet matt! i hope they approve since the wedding is just over 3 months away.... yay!

then we are headed to the home of some of our closest friends in the world. thinking about seeing them when we get off the plane makes my eyes tear up a little. that might have something to do with the fact that since i last saw them, their family has increased by a precious one:) Roman to be exact. Cannot wait to meet that sweet baby. the last time i was there all we did was talk- i can imagine this trip will be much the same and i can't wait. love them so much:)

but until we leave i have LOTS to do. i have a long list of wedding tasks that i would love to get finished before we leave, Christmas shopping and wrapping, celebrating early Christmas with all our fam, packing our stuff, packing all the packages sent.... etc etc etc. whew. we can do it. Thus, the reason i have not been able to update the blog (i am literally making myself update now).

And b/c every post has to have a few pictures: here is a few from thanksgiving. turned out to be such a great day:) i did get a pretty nasty burn on my wrist but i call it my battle scar from making my first turkey. oh yeah.







3 comments:

Summer said...

SO excited for you & Matt... wish I was getting to go with y'all! :) Hoping the next week is productive without being too stressful or overwhelming - and praying that the trip is an incredible one!

Love you so much, friend!!

Bethany said...

You are going to have a GREAT time and make so many special memories, especially with sweet baby Roman!

Unknown said...

Be safe when you visit my old home!!