Friday, September 04, 2009

my little cuties;)

i realized today that i have never blogged about the little guys i spend the majority of my time with. For those of you who don't know, I am a nanny by day (i dont know why i said "by day" as if i do something else by night... or maybe?? haha), for 2 little boys- Eagan and Cannon. They are absolutely adorable and such good boys... most of the time;) E will be 4 in December and C is almost a year a a half. It is hard to get good shots of them a lot of the time b/c i have to focus on shooting and actually taking care of them at the same time, but i thought i would share a few pics so many of you can put names and faces together:)

nannying is the last thing i thought i would do when i got back from overseas. I didn't actually know what i wanted to do. i still say at times that i have not quite figured how who i am (career wise) in america. Honestly, there have even been times that i have been embarrassed to tell people i am a nanny. I guess i just thought i would be in some sort of successful business career or have starting my own business by now, with a college degree under my belt and at the age of 27 (almost). But here i am, spending the day being a second mom to these 2 boys and if i am honest again... i absolutely love it. I love the family i work for, i love the perks of the job, and i LOVE the boys more than anything. There is also the benefit of having the time to work on my photography on the side.

it is interesting where we end up. not alway where we thought we would- i think that is the case most of the time. but as i am writing this and thinking about the boys and my job, as cannon yells, "ba ba ba" and grabs my fingers trying to type himself... i am thankful. Not just thankful that i have a job (b/c that i definitely something to be for thankful these days), but thankful that i have a job that i love going to everyday. Just more proof that God knows us much better than we know ourselves, and i'm thankful for that too...

1 comment:

Matt said...

like the "by night" reference.

-Your future husband