Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What have i been doing??

I feel like every time i sit down to blog, i need to make apologies for not blogging for oh... the whole month before. So instead of making all these apologies i will just share with my readers (what is left of them) what i have been doing that has left me with no time to blog.

Working on the house-

If you know us, you know that this is pretty much all matt and i do together. We feel like we are starting to get somewhere and i am actually starting to be able to decorate some of the rooms. (the last year as been spent just getting the rooms to a place to start decorating.) Matt is now back in the full swing of grad school so that has left me doing all the things i can actually do. Things i can do- paint, hang pictures, decorate, move furniture around (sometimes). Things Matt does- build stuff & fix stuff. One of the most amazing things Matt built this summer was our beautiful new white mantle. I love it! and i have had so much fun changing it up... sometimes weekly. (Right Kelly?) I have recently been inspired by fall and the beautiful weather that has come with it, and so i thought i would add a little fall vibe to our mostly cool/summer looking living room.
What do you think??



Buying and selling on my beloved Craigslist-

That's right, i have become OBSESSED with craigslist. This all started when i set up my iGoogle and added a craigslist furtinture box. I'm pretty sure i browse craigslist daily if not more. And now you are wondering why i never have time to blog.... Let's continue. We have bought a number of furniture items for our house on criagslist and have actually made a few sales as well. Our current items up for grabs are a Chest Freezer and our dryer (we got a new one for free! woo-hoo).
Let me know if you are interested in either of these 2 beauties. And yes, that IS a peice of our old flooring as the dryer top. It has rust on it and i think it adds character!



Shooting (pictures not people)

Again, if you know me you know a do a bit of photography on the side. I have always wanted to get serious about it but ultimately didn't think i could do it. Well folks- the tides have turned and i am going for it! I have gotten to know some seriously inspiring photographers (primarily these and these). And so i have been shooting ALLL summer to prepare to launch my business this fall. I bet you are wondering where all the people and images are.... I have been keeping them under-wraps until my website is completed and we are getting close. I am still a bit nervous but very excited!

Here are a couple of images to get you excited about the launch of my new site!



6 comments:

Matt said...

I think you should add "rake" to the things you can do as the yard saw this past weekend. How much do you want for that dryer?

Rachel Tweeddale said...

Love the picture on your mantelpiece! Also hope the photography goes well! Can't wait to see the site :o) x

Unknown said...

So glad you are a mantle junkie like me :-) I changed mine again this week.

erin said...

love the mantle!
also, ben is really interested in the freezer. so much so he's making me text you about right now.
:)

Kendra said...

Yay for jumping in with the photography! You go girl. And I like the mantle. Nice and crisp, like fall :)

Summer said...

The mantle looks amazing! Just like pretty much everything else you do. :)