Thursday, June 04, 2009

my sister has graduated? i must be old.

this weekend we got to celebrate my sister's graduation from cosmetology school.  b/c amy went to a cosmetology school within a community college, she had the opportunity to 'walk'. it was something we all kinda joked about, but we were SO proud to see her walk across that stage. we sat in some of the closest possible seats and i sat in the aisle in order to get some shots of her. when everyone walked out and i saw her in her cap and gown my eyes got all teared up and i almost lost it! i am insane. 

this reminds me of the time that amy got jaw surgery. the nurses were about to bring her out of recovery and warned us that she would look a lot worse than she most likely felt. my mom had been an emotional wreck the whole day and i (if i am honest) was making fun of her for constant crying at the drop of a hat. well... when they did bring her out my mom ran to her, was talking, etc... and looked up wondering where i was. turns out i was in the corner SOBBING... i mean SOBBING. my mom never let me live that one down. 

nonetheless, i am so happy for my little sister and i think the fact that she can bring me to tears really means something. she is my best friend in the world and i love her so much:) 

here are a few shots from the day.



amy just took a job at Carmen Carmen in Ballantyne. if you ever have any hair needs feel free to call her:)!